Resource Conservation District
Fire is a natural occurrence in California and serves important ecological functions:
Wildfire is a natural process and, no matter what, it will be coming. Fire wil pose a threat to many Californians in the years to come, but. together, we can reduce that threat through responsible preparation. Firescaping around structures is one of the most cost effective measures to reduce the threat of Wildfire. If you live in a high fire-prone area, be sure to follow these easy steps below:
1. Create a "go bag" at the ready.
2. Remove and reduce flammable material around your home through firescaping.
3. Create fire drills and an action plan.
4. Store spare food and supplies in a safe, fire resistant area.
5. DON'T WAIT, listen to the authorities if they advise you to leave early.
6. If you find yourself caught in a wildfire, follow this guide from CalFire.